Victoria Parks & Recreation close areas of Riverside Park, and some streets, due to flooding
Areas of Riverside Park will be closed as well as multiple streets around Victoria due to flooding
VICTORIA, Texas – Multiple streets are expected to flood this weekend as the Guadalupe River and surrounding creeks rise due to heavy rainfall.
The following areas will close Saturday and Sunday:
- Briggs Boulevard at Spring Creek
- Spring Creek Road at Spring Creek
- The area of Convent Street, Vine Street, and Water Street
The Victoria Parks & Recreation is also expected to close multiple areas of Riverside Park in stages during the weekend as the Guadalupe River rises.As of Friday, the following areas of the park are closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic:
- The boat ramp
- Access to Pebble Beach at Grover’s Bend
- Fox’s Bend
During the weekend, the closures will expand to include the following:
- The Fox’s Bend area of McCright Drive from the Easter Island head to the intersection of McCright Drive with John F. Lee Drive and Memorial Drive
- John F. Lee Drive
- McCright Drive between the Children’s Park and Riverside Golf Course (the Children’s Park will remain open)
Riverside Golf Course will be closed Friday and Saturday.
Closures are subject to change based on the river forecast. Residents should never attempt to enter closed or barricaded areas of the park or flooded roadways. For more information, contact Parks & Recreation at 361-485-3200 or Engineering at 361-485-3340.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.