Victoria County Water Control & Improvement District #2 to elect two Board Directors
Election day is May 2nd
VICTORIA, Texas- Early Voting in Person for May 2, 2020 General Election electing two Board Directors of the Victoria County Water Control & Improvement District #2 will begin on Monday, April 20, 2020 thru Friday, April 28, 2020 at Placedo Volunteer Fire Department in Placedo, Texas.
Hours of operation will be 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & Monday, April 27th & February 28th the hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Placedo Volunteer Fire Department is 284 N. William St., Placedo, Texas
Last Day to register to vote is April 2, 2020.
All registered voters in Victoria County Water Control & Improvement District # 2 are eligible to vote in this election.
Voters will be required to provide an acceptable form of Photo ID to vote in this election. Questions about ID call 361-576-0124
If you do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of these IDs there are provisions in place to assist you in being able to vote.
Early voting by mail is ongoing at this time. Applications for those who qualify will be accepted by mail until 5 pm on Friday, April 20, 2020. To be eligible for a ballot by mail an individual must meet one or more of the following criteria.
- 65 years of age or older by or on Election Day.
- Illness or disability that prevents you from entering a polling location.
- Confined in jail but not having been finally convicted of a felony.
- Absent from the county during early voting in person or on Election Day.
- We are encouraging all that is eligible to vote by mail due to our current health crises. Our office is open Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm. by appointment only. We can be reached by phone, fax or email.
If you are interested in early voting by mail you may contact the Elections Office at 576-0124 to have an application mailed to you. You may also visit the Elections Office website and select Early Voting by Mail.
Complete the application online and print it out for your signature. Mail the application to Early Voting Clerk, 2805 N. Navarro, Ste 500, and Victoria, TX 77901-3947. They cannot accept application to vote by mail in person once early voting in person has begun, it must be mail.
Source: Margetta Hill, Victoria County Election Administrator