Victoria County Commissioners approve the submittal of a grant application for the Victoria Regional Airport
The grant could be up to five million dollars for a new hangar.
VICTORIA, Texas – Victoria County Commissioners approved the submittal of a grant application to the Economic Development Administration for a new hangar at the Victoria Regional Airport.
The grant could be up to five million dollars, 80% would be covered by federal funds, the other 20% would be covered by local funds.
The need for a new hangar comes as the majority of the hangars at the airport are nearly 80 years old. The plan would involve demolishing one of the main hangars and then building a new hangar in place.
If the grant were to be approved, it would be a significant step forward for the airport.
” It’ll be a revenue generator for the airport, it will likely attract new tenants out at the airport, things like this do have the tendency to spur additional investments and additional growth,” says Ben Zeller, Victoria County Judge.
Commissioners and airport executives will find out by the end of the year if they will receive the grant for a new hangar at the airport.
Commissioners also held a presentation of the 2020 Distinguished Service Award to the Victoria Historical Commission during today’s meeting.
” Here in Victoria, we have a wonderful group of volunteers who help showcase and preserve the history of Victoria County, the state recognized their work for 2020 and recognized them with a distinguished service award, ” says Zeller.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.