Update: A day after fire destroys Victoria families’ home

Only a day after their lives were shattered in a cruel twist of fate, one Victoria family is now left to pick up the pieces after the disaster.

The Chambers lives were forever changed after a fire consumed their home and left them with only a few of their remaining valuables.
Fire officials told Sam Chambers, owner of the home on Pintail Drive, that electrical lines at the end of the backyard sparked, leading to a fire that spread to the house and left the Chambers homeless. For Sam, the only positive he can take from this is that he and his family are safe and okay.

“I think everybody’s holding up pretty well, they’re just trying to figure out where we go from here.” said Sam Chambers.

Thanks to an outpouring of support from the community, the Chambers are being taken care of, including even being offered an RV to live in until they can find a new home. While their home was deemed a total loss, it could have been much worse for them. Most importantly, they say, everyone is safe, even the family dog.

Comments

comments