Two new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Wharton County
WHARTON COUNTY, Texas- Wharton County Office of Emergency Management is reporting two new cases of COVID-19 in Wharton County. Read the full press release here.
This represents the sixth and seventh positive cases in Wharton County. These are two females 30-50 years of age. One resides in the City of Wharton and the other in the City of El Campo. It appears these cases are not travel related. Due to patient privacy no other information will be released at this time.
WCOEM states that along with DSHS and other healthcare partners, they will continue to monitor COVID-19 in the County to prepare for more cases. They advise following Governor Abbott’s Executive Orders prohibiting social gatherings larger than 10 people and recommend the following:
1. With mild cold symptoms, stay at home and utilize supportive and symptomatic care.
2. Call your Healthcare Provider with questions or concerns about symptoms.
3. Utilize symptom checker on CDC website website if needed.
4. Call your Local Healthcare Provider and schedule an evaluation if symptoms worsen, or if advised to do so. Covid-19 testing is available at medical centers in the County only if you meet symptom criteria.
5. Call ahead to ER if symptoms are severe or call 911 if an emergency.