Tropical Storm Beta winds expected overnight, lasting for up to 24 hours
VICTORIA, Texas – Tropical Storm Beta has picked up and the track has shifted westward slightly.
Tropical storm force winds are expected to arrive between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. Monday morning and lasting for a duration of up to 24 hours.
Winds are expected to be sustained at 40 plus mph with gusts as high as 60 mph. Victoria County remains under a flash flood watch with rainfall totals of 5 to 8 inches with isolated areas of 10 to 15 inches.
These high winds have the potential to impact high profile vehicles and affect the response capability of emergency service vehicles. Victoria City and County Officials are encouraging residents to minimize travel during the inclement weather tomorrow and have made the following changes to their operations:
City of Victoria
• Closing City facilities for a 24-hour period starting Monday at 7 a.m. and ending Tuesday at 7 a.m., until further notice.
• Monday garbage and recycling services are canceled and anticipated to be rescheduled for Wednesday
• Police and Fire first responders will continue regular operations
County of Victoria
• Closing non-emergency facilities and operations
• Commissioners Court for Monday, September 21st, 2020 is canceled
• Please visit Victoria County, TX Facebook page for more information
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.