Three additional campuses reported to have COVID-19 cases in Victoria ISD
VICTORIA, Texas- The Victoria Independent School District confirms that there are three new cases of COVID-19 at Victoria East High School, Rowland Elementary School, and Torres Elementary School.
As of Thursday evening VISD reports the following cases on the following campuses:
- Rowland Elementary School
- Staff member who was last on campus on September 11th, 2020
- Torres Elementary School
- Student who was last on campus on September 11th
- Victoria East High School
- Student who was last on campus on September 15th
- Student who was last on campus on September 17th
- Staff member who was last on campus on September 16th
Due to privacy requirements, VISD will not be releasing the names of the individuals or details identifying them.
The district confirms that contact tracing has begun. If it is determined the COVID-positive person had any contact with students or staff, the identified students and staff will be directly notified no later than September 17, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
Those in close contact will remain off campus for up to 14 days, VISD says, to ensure they do not have the virus and to ensure that there will be no further spread. Each shchool will continue operations as usual.
Any areas accessed by the COVID-positive person, VISD says, will be cleaned and disinfected according to CDC and TEA guidelines.
Any of the following symptoms indicate a possible COVID-19 infection:
- Temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth;
- Sore throat;
- New uncontrolled cough causing difficulty breathing (or, for students with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline);
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain; or
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever.
Since in-person classes began on September 8th COVID-19 cases have been reported in staff and students on eight different campuses in the district.
Teachers are instructing hybrid classes as some students are learning remotely and some are attending school in person.
If you or any member of VISD begins to experience any of the above symptoms in a way that is not typical, contact your physician and your campus to inform the school.
Read more on VISD’s website.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure you get our coverage sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Sports Headlines and more.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Our news is free at www.crossroadstoday.com