Update on the Structure fire at Nan Ya Plastics plant in Wharton
Multiple fire departments were on th scene fighting the structure fire
WHARTON, Texas – On Sunday evening January 9, at 8:45 p.m. Wharton County officials responded to a structure fire at Nan Ya Plastics plant located at 2081 FM 102 and State Highway 59.
Wharton Fire Department along with the Boling Fire Department, Hungerford, Glen Flora, El Campo, and East Bernard are on the scene working to control the fire.
The Wharton Police Department announced on their Facebook page that “all personnel and employees are safe and accounted for”.
Authorities are urging everyone to avoid the area at this time.
- A small fire reignited Monday at 7:12 a.m. at the Nan Ya Plastic factory in Wharton
- The Wharton Fire Department is working to extinguish this fire as of 9:47 a.m. Monday.
- The facility manufactures gift cards, debit cards and other kinds of plastics.
- The investigation is ongoing and should be for the next few days due to the magnitude of the fire.
- All personnel are safe and accounted for
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.