Storm Prep 2022: Preparing your pets
25 News Now Sunrise Anchor Carolina Astrain provides information on how to prepare your pet for a major storm
VICTORIA, Texas – 25 News Now Sunrise Anchor Carolina Astrain spoke with Dr. Mark Besancon with Crossroads Veterinary Clinic on how to prepare your pet for a hurricane.
According to Dr. Besancon, here are seven steps to follow when preparing your pet:
- prepare your pet carrier;
- get your pet microchipped;
- have at least two weeks worth of your pet’s medication, food and water;
- have copies of vaccination records;
- find pet friendly shelters and hotels;
- bring extra toys, leashes and accessories
- and stay tuned for updates.
Make sure to tune in at 6:30 p.m. for the Storm Prep 2022 special. You can watch the special here.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.