Spontaneous combustion to blame for storage shed fire in Bloomington
BLOOMINGTON, Texas — Spontaneous combustion is to blame for a storage shed fire in Bloomington Tuesday morning,
Bloomington and Placedo Volunteer Fire Departments along with Victoria County Fire Marshalls and Victoria Fire Department arrived at a home on Fifth Street and Herbert Avenue just before 10:30 a.m.
Dry leaves inside the storage shed came into contact with hot metal shelves and began to smolder according to Victoria County Fire Marshall Richard Castillo.
Castillo says the leaves were probably smoldering for a while before catching fire.
Some shelving inside the shed also caught fire, but damage to the overall structure was minimal.
The fire was put out within minutes of fire fighters arrival and no injuries were reported.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.