South Texas Blood & Tissue Center needs your help
An update to the community blood inventory and upcoming blood drives
VICTORIA, Texas – The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center is asking the public to donate blood.
The center released the following updates:
- Today our community has a 3- day blood supply. Type O blood is at a 2- day- supply. To support unexpected mass transfusion and mass casualty events, our goal is to maintain 6 days on hand.
- Platelet and O donors are needed. Platelets are needed as they only have a shelf life of five days and help cancer patients continue treatment. Cancer patients like William rely on platelet donations often.
- Donations can be scheduled by visiting SouthTexasBlood.org/Give or calling 210-731-5590, but walk-ins will be accepted as space allows. The QR code below will help donors find the nearest donor room to make a blood donation.
Donors can schedule an appointment at the upcoming community blood drives:
Cibolo Canyons Community – 3650 TPC Pkwy Saturday, Nov. 5 Noon – 5 p.m.
Donors will be treated to:
- Live acoustic music performance by Allan Hendrickson and Erica Daniels
- Face painting for kids
- Appearance by Harry Hemoglobin- South Texas Blood & Tissue Mascot
H-E-B:@281 North – 20935 N. Hwy 281 Sunday, Nov. 6 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
St. Philip’s College – 1801 Martin Luther King DR Monday, Nov. 7 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Here are additional Blood Drives in the San Antonio, Laredo and Victoria communities.
Blood donors can double their impact of giving this holiday season by providing a toy to a pediatric cancer patient or 25 meals to someone in need through partnerships with Big Love Cancer Care and San Antonio Food Bank.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.