Seven COVID-19- related deaths and 50 new cases reported in Victoria County
Local hospital occupancy rate sits at 19.13% Wednesday
VICTORIA, Texas- The Victoria County Public Health Department (VCPHD) reports 50 new cases of COIVD-19 Wednesday evening. View the VCPHD dashboard here.
The Public Health Department is also reporting seven COVID-19-related deaths in Victoria County. Please note that six of the deaths reported today are previous deaths that were reported by Texas DSHS Vital Statistics records.
- Two female Victoria County residents in their 80’s
- A male Victoria County resident in his 80’s
- Two male Victoria County residents in their 70’s
- A male Victoria County resident in his 60’s
- A male Victoria County resident in his 50’s
As of Wednesday evening, there are:
- 50 new, confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Victoria County
- 601 currently active cases of COVID-19 in Victoria County
- 117 total deaths
- 6, 660 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Victoria County
- 19.13% COVID Hospitalizations out of Total Hospital Capacity in Victoria County *
*The COVID-19 Hospitalizations out of Total Hospital Capacity information is provided by Texas DSHS, therefore, the data on the VCPHD dashboard will be updated as DSHS provides the hospitalization capacity numbers to the VCPHD COVID-19 Team.
For information regarding COVID-19 test sites available across the state of Texas, please visit: https://tdem.texas.gov/covid-19/
For any questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, please contact the Health Department directly at 361-578-6281, during normal business hours.
Disclaimer: These daily numbers and demographics are subject to change as Victoria County OEM complete their epidemiological investigations.
Please help the community combat COVID-19 by wearing a mask or facial covering, practicing social distancing and good hygiene, and staying home if you are sick.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.