VICTORIA, Texas - Update 1/21/19:
Victoria residents are reacting to the shooting that took place at the Whataburger on Houston Highway.
Resident Stacie Allen expressed her sadness at the situation while also speculating as to why the 15 year old was out late at night.
"I just don't see a reason why a child that young should be out that late unsupervised. They should be in bed getting ready for school the next day. So, it's a sad situation. Very unfortunate. I just don't understand why a kid that young was out like that."
We have reached out to the Victoria Police Department for an update on the investigation and will update this story when more information is made available.
Original Story 1/20/19:
Sunday morning around 3 a.m. VPD responded to a call of shots fired at Whataburger at 3603 Houston Highway.
According to VPD, a 15-year-old male was shot twice in the lower leg.
He was transported to Citizens hospital with non-life threatening injuries, and has since been released. The shooting suspect is not in custody.
The incident is currently under investigation and we will update you with more information as it becomes available.
- Severe weather watch in the Crossroads
- Texans win big with new mobile lottery game app
- $1 million grant to restore college dreams washed away by Harvey
- Train cars carrying ethanol catch fire in Texas derailment
- Titans beat King, keep playoff hopes alive
- UHV Baseball Loses Non-Conference Road Game
- Traffic stop ends with man arrested in 1997 homicide case
- Hundreds flock to the polls for early voting
- SeaWorld publishes decades of orca data to help wild whales
- United Airlines agent charged after racial slur