VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria Independent School District held a budget workshop at its board meeting July 25th. Board Members discussed plans to cut taxes by eighteen cents to $0.97, and plans to replace many school buses. The biggest topic of discussion, however, was an employee pay raise.
"One piece of the budget workshop was a proposal to the board to approve pay increases for all employees. For teachers, it would be an average of 6%, and for other employees around 5%" said Shawna Currie, the Director of Communications for the VISD.
Victoria ISD hopes to adopt this pay raise at their next board meeting August 1st, 2019, so that the changes will go into effect by the time that employees get their first paycheck of the school year.
- Goliad County Outreach Completes Renovation
- The City of Victoria is preparing to fix the potholes
- Victoria man indicted for felony charges
- Driscoll sponsors free CPR course in Victoria
- Delays and closures in the Crossroads
- Governor Abbott attends grand opening of new Dallas Holocaust And Human Rights Museum
- Victoria Police seeking information regarding shots fired on Mumphord Street
- Local vape shop supports national petition to save flavored e-liquid
- No injuries after newly rebuilt home goes up in flames
- Governor Abbott prepares state resources as severe weather approaches Texas
- City of Victoria announces new Communications Director
- Short budget hearing after no one takes the podium at Commissioners Court