VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria Police Department have arrested a Pearland man after he led them on a foot chase following a routine traffic stop.
Court documents show 40-year-old Troy Goffney was pulled over on Water Street after turning left on a straight only lane.
As officers approached Goffney's car, he fled on foot to avoid arrest.
Goffney ran about 20 yards down Water Street before falling to the ground. Officers were able to detain Goffney shortly afterwards.
A search of Goffney's car revealed multiple drugs were in his possession, including nearly five pounds of Marijuana, Synthetic Marijuana, Hydrocodone pills, and Codeine cough syrup.
Officers determined the quantity of the drugs most likely meant Goffney intended to sell and/or distribute them across the city.
Goffney has been charged with Evading Arrest, Possession of Marijuana, Manufacture or Delivery of a Controlled Substance PG 2-A, PG 3 and PG 4 and Possession of a Dangerous Drug.
He is being held in the Victoria County Jail in lieu of a $110,000 bond.
- Thanksgiving is by far the leading day for U.S. home cooking fires
- Yoakum Commercial District listed in National Register of Historic Places
- LiftFund and EDA announce $3M investment for small businesses in the Golden Crescent
- Plug Promotions hosts Beauty and Body Expo with Cash Prizes
- Pray for Bloomington Gathers Community for unity prayer
- BBQ cook-off raises funds for volunteer fire department
- Mumphord's Place Bar-B-Q on "The Texas Bucket List"
- Sting operation leads to arrest of two for making and selling drugs
- Border Crisis: Where are we now?
- Airline road closure due to water line break
- Chain of Christian pregnancy centers to offer contraceptives
- Texas parole board recommends delaying Rodney Reed execution