VICTORIA, Texas - A Victoria man was arrested last Friday after the Victoria County Sheriff's Office conducted a search warrant on his property for money laundering.
Friday investigators with the Sheriff's Office's Special Crimes Unit executed a search warrant on Henry Garcia Sr's property.
During the search, deputies found $8,000 in cash, half a gram of methamphetamine and nearly an ounce of marijuana.
Officials believe the money found was obtained through the distribution of drugs.
Garcia has been charged with money laundering and possession of a controlled substance.
Garcia was booked into the county jail last Friday.
He has since posted bail and has been released.
- Authorities seek a human smuggler who illegally transported Chinese and other nationals
- October's Military Hero of the Month
- Monday, October 21 Petit Jury Cancelled
- Please help Crime Stoppers find a suspect
- VPD Search Warrant Leads to Arrest
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas