VICTORIA, Texas - A Victoria man was arrested last Friday after the Victoria County Sheriff's Office conducted a search warrant on his property for money laundering.
Friday investigators with the Sheriff's Office's Special Crimes Unit executed a search warrant on Henry Garcia Sr's property.
During the search, deputies found $8,000 in cash, half a gram of methamphetamine and nearly an ounce of marijuana.
Officials believe the money found was obtained through the distribution of drugs.
Garcia has been charged with money laundering and possession of a controlled substance.
Garcia was booked into the county jail last Friday.
He has since posted bail and has been released.
- VIDEO: Crime prevention officer shares theft prevention tips
- Portion of Water Street near Moody to close Tuesday
- VPD seeking help to identify vehicle used in attempted abduction near Patti Welder
- Local republicans react to impeachment statement from Nancy Pelosi
- Kamin Furniture needs your help Crossroads
- Protect your Christmas gifts from thieves by following these safety tips
- Traffic pattern changes for morning drop-off effective Dec 9 at West High and Cade Middle Schools
- Registration open for Mid-Coast Hurricane and Disaster Conference 2020
- Victoria Police: man attempted to abduct 12-year-old near Patti Welder Middle School
- City of Victoria earns seven state-wide awards for video excellence
- Victoria police warn community about AEP scam calls
- Governor Abbott endorses Senator Lois Kolkhorst for re-election