VICTORIA, Texas - Below is the official press release from the University of Houston-Victoria:
University of Houston-Victoria President Bob Glenn, left, accepts a $2,000 check Monday from Glynis Straus, ConocoPhillips community relations advisor for Eagle Ford Shale, at the Cuero City Council Chamber.
The UHV Partnerships for Regional and Economic Prosperity and the UHV Small Business Development Center are working with the DeWitt County Texas Rural Leadership Program to continue improving the Cuero community.
The grant will allow the partnership to lead a community clean up as part of the city's beautification program.
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody
- Crossroads residents celebrate LGBTQ identities with pride, BBQ
- The Volunteer Fire Department in Nursery held their first Adopt-A-Highway event
- There were hundreds of people gathered in Cuero to watch the Great Gobbler Gallop race
- Game Wardens rescue group in cold waters of San Antonio Bay