LIBERTY, Texas (AP) - Officers using tracking dogs are searching for two inmates who escaped from an East Texas jail through a perimeter fence that had been cut.
The Liberty County Sheriff's Office says 44-year-old Clay Sterling Harvey of Nederland and 23-year-old Chance Marshall Hunt of Beaumont were discovered missing Tuesday morning.
Capt. Ken DeFoor says a fence on the jail's east side was found cut and appeared to be the escape route. Investigators didn't immediately provide additional information about the damaged fence.
Records show Harvey was being held on a drug-related charge and a parole violation count. Hunt was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, a burglary-related count and unlawfully carrying a weapon.
The jail in Liberty is about 35 miles (56 kilometers) northeast of Houston.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Toys For Tots toy drive
- Meet the librarian spreading the magic of Christmas
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for woman wanted for forgery
- M.G. and Lilly A. Johnson Foundation donated $800,000 to UHV
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87