VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria launch of the CW television series Roswell, New Mexico was honored in New York at the annual Apex Awards. The Apex Awards is an annual competition for publishers, editors, writers and designers who create print, web, electronic and social media content.
The CW Scavenger Hunt was the brainchild of Local Sales Manager for the CW Victoria, Carol Fox. "It was a huge team effort,” said Fox on her team’s enthusiasm for the project.
The Scavenger Hunt campaign snagged The CW Victoria team the Apex Award for Affiliate Partner Excellence.
Fox and her team executed the idea by turning Victoria into an alien landing zone. Viewers were challenged to "capture" aliens hiding at local downtown businesses and post their “captives” on social media.
The captured aliens were used as admission to the Roswell, New Mexico watch party at Rosebud Records, Grill and Theater on January 15, 2019. Each alien captured was exchanged for a door prize ticket. A special menu was available during the watch party that featured the Roswell Milky Way Milk Shake.
“National recognition for our station group is rare. Please join me in congratulating those who made this happen,” said Vice President and General Manager Jeff Pryor.
The award was accepted by Brian Burns, COO of Morgan Murphy Media at the CW Affiliate meeting Wednesday night in New York City.
More on The CW Victoria Scavenger Hunt
- Wildfire severely damages historic Big Bend complex
- No threat to Mitchell Alternative School
- Two arrested on dangerous drug charges
- Victoria woman arrested for prostitution
- Cuero holding Hero Appreciation Day on May 25th
- Victoria man arrested after attempting to break into home
- Remains of 24-year old WWII soldier from West Texas ID'd
- Texas governor announces $1.6B deal for teacher raises
- Victoria College Men's Basketball Signs Former Moody Star
- Dallas selling statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee