PORT LAVACA, Texas - The Livestock show is one of the most anticipating events during the Calhoun County Fair.
The teenagers began the show with the Market Lambs competition. Then the judges decided on which goat had what it took to win first place. Here are a few things they did during this competition.
Miranda Garcia the Junior Livestock Show contestant said, "We are going to walk around and the judges are going to ask us to do certain stuff. Then we're going to put him in a certain stance, and then we're going to brace him and when we brace him you feel the goat back and it has to be rock solid hard to win because that's the main muscle that's getting judged".
If you're not able to catch the livestock show there's a livestock auction starting Thursday at 6 pm.
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna
- Authorities searching for suspect wanted in death of Nassau Bay Police Officer
- Suspect in custody, NAS Corpus Christi release lockdown
- H-E-B held their 29th annual Feast of Sharing
- The Golden Crescent CASA prepares Christmas for children in foster care
- Jackson Co. officiates resolution to become "2nd Amendment Sanctuary County"
- Senator Kolkhorst announces re-election bid for Texas Senate
- Pilot identified in fatal plane crash in Inez
- Texa Tech University takes Q&A in Victoria
- Suspected car burglars arrested
- State Representative Geanie Morrison recognized as an Honorary Fire Chief