WICHITA FALLS, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man has been charged with capital murder in the death of a 91-year-old acquaintance who police say was attacked and her vehicle taken.
Wichita County jail records show 42-year-old Byron Rickard of Wichita Falls was being held without bond Thursday. Online records don't list an attorney representing Rickard, who was charged Wednesday in the death a day earlier of Ruby Ditto.
Wichita Falls police Sgt. Harold McClure says officers Sunday responded to a possible robbery and a woman with head injuries. McClure says Ditto, who owned several properties and knew Rickard, was attacked outside a house. A woman working for Ditto found her.
Ditto's vehicle and Rickard were located later Sunday. Rickard was booked on an unrelated assault count and in custody when charged with Ditto's death.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Senate passes Border Bill with $30M available reimburse Texas communities
- Texas Monthly magazine bought by oil and gas heiress
- Agency removes mold from soon-to-open migrant detention site
- Texas trial over death of child moves to jury
- Series of failures led to deadly leak at Texas plant
- Migrant Border Deaths Drowned man's mother: Photo 'shocking,' also 'tenderness'
- Southwest Airlines FAA removes 3 managers in office that monitors Southwest
- Dixie Chicks Dixie Chicks say new album is coming
- Texas firm to build distribution center in southeast Alabama
- Missing Girl-Body Found Texas man says daughter's limp body paralyzed him with fear