HOUSTON (AP) - Police in Houston say two people are dead following an early-morning shootout in front of a crowded nightclub.
Houston Police spokesman Sgt. Anthony Turner says a fight broke out between two women inside the club and spilled out into the parking lot where a shootout between multiple people occurred about 1:50 a.m. Sunday.
Officers later found the bodies of a man and a woman in the parking lot. Turner says another man with gunshot wounds was transported to a local hospital and was expected to survive.
Turner says people were shooting "recklessly" into the crowd and that anybody in the parking lot could have been shot. Authorities say police have not identified the shooters and that no arrests have been made.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody
- Crossroads residents celebrate LGBTQ identities with pride, BBQ
- The Volunteer Fire Department in Nursery held their first Adopt-A-Highway event
- There were hundreds of people gathered in Cuero to watch the Great Gobbler Gallop race
- Game Wardens rescue group in cold waters of San Antonio Bay
- What you need to know to prevent fires in your home this winter
- Local LGBT group to celebrate National Coming Out Day with weekend BBQ
- Authorities seize more than 1,400 grams of illegal drugs