NAPOLEONVILLE, La. (AP) - Another apparent incident of someone licking ice cream at a store has surfaced. This time it's in Louisiana.
Assumption Parish Sheriff's Office says a man posted a video of himself on Facebook opening a Blue Bell ice cream container, licking it, poking it with his finger and putting it back on the shelf.
News outlets report 36-year-old Lenise Martin III was charged Saturday with property tampering and posting criminal activity.
Police Commander Lonny Cavalier says after being alerted of Martin's actions by management, deputies found Martin at the scene showing the sales clerk a receipt showing he bought the ice cream he licked.
Deputies searched the freezer and confirmed the purchase but still decided to move forward with the charges.
Earlier this month, a teen in Texas was shown in an online video taking ice cream from a Walmart freezer, removing the top to lick it and then putting it back.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Flyers hold first scrimmage of 2019
- VPD Investigating a threat made to Sam's Club
- Victoria College tax proposal could raise property taxes
- Grace Funeral Home honored first responders
- Portion of Lone Tree Road closed beginning on August 19
- Court limits order that had stopped Trump asylum limits
- Churches arm, train congregants in wake of mass shootings
- Local business gives veteran glasses
- Memorial for victims of El Paso shooting begins
- Victoria College volleyball gears up for first ever NJCAA season