SAN ANTONIO (AP) - An Air Force major based in San Antonio has been charged with murder after authorities found the remains of his wife whom he reported missing in March.
Forty-year-old Andre McDonald is being held Monday at the Bexar (bayr) County jail. Bail is set at $2 million.
Sheriff's officials say they found the body of 29-year-old Andreen McDonald on Thursday east of Joint Base San Antonio-Camp Bullis.
Andre McDonald reported his wife missing March 1 and was indicted on a charge of tampering with or fabricating evidence after authorities determined he bought a shovel, an ax, gasoline and a "burn barrel" a day later.
Court records show investigators also found blood and hair in the couple's bathroom.
Jail records do not list an attorney who could speak on McDonald's behalf.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for woman wanted for forgery
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna