VICTORIA, Texas - Beginning today, the City Parks and Recreation Department will close the Duck Pond in Riverside Park to make repairs and improvements to the popular attraction.
The project will include draining the pond and removing debris, as well as inspecting for damages to the pond structure. The uneven sidewalks and the bridge to the gazebo will be repaired to create a safer and even more attractive area for visitors to enjoy.
The repairs could take several months depending on weather and the amount of the damage below the water level. The Duck Pond will be closed to visitors during the repair period.
- Fatal Motorcyclist Accident on Houston Hwy
- Authorities seek a human smuggler who illegally transported Chinese and other nationals
- October's Military Hero of the Month
- Monday, October 21 Petit Jury Cancelled
- Please help Crime Stoppers find a suspect
- VPD Search Warrant Leads to Arrest
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting