CALHOUN COUNTY, Texas - A plane crashed on Thursday night in Calhoun County off of School Road, leaving the two passengers on-board injured.
The pilot of the CESSNA210L aircraft stated that he needed to make an emergency landing after declaring the engine had died. Upon landing, the front wheel of the aircraft got caught in the dirt, causing the nose of the plane to flip over.
The Texas Department of Public Safety released the names of the two passengers involved in the crash: 68 year old Howard Woodward, and 57 year old Traci Bruning.
Both men are recovering this morning. Thankfully, there were no life-threatening injuries sustained.
Newscenter 25's David Gibson is at the scene, please check back for updates.
- Local sponsors spread the Magic of Storytelling in the Crossroads
- NFPA and Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition announce week of action for America's home fire problem
- Two arrested after breaking into cars
- Bloomington ISD Superintendent resigns
- Chewy Chips Ahoy and 2 flavors of Ben and Jerry's recalled
- Second man gets life in prison for role in double slaying
- Four sentenced for using helicopter for sport hunting in Texas
- Retired army officer gets prison in guns case
- Spring cleaning: de-clutter your home and mind
- CCSO captures Texas teen, 4 undocumented immigrants after bail out