AUSTIN, Texas - Governor Greg Abbott Thursday endorsed Geanie Morrison for re-election as State Representative of House District 30 in the Coastal Bend. Representative Morrison played a powerful role in the passage of disaster relief legislation during the 86th session, authoring several bills that will help Texas prepare for and respond to future disasters.
Governor Abbott looks forward to continuing his work with Representative Morrison to make Texas stronger and more resilient.
"I am proud to support Representative Morrison for re-election, and I am grateful for the pivotal role she played in securing disaster recovery funding for the state of Texas," said Governor Abbott. "Texas can continue to rebuild from the lasting effects of Hurricane Harvey and better prepare for future storms thanks to her efforts in the House. Representative Morrison is a strong leader with an unwavering commitment to her constituents, and she is a tireless advocate for the issues that matter most to the Coastal Bend. I ask that the people of District 30 send Representative Morrison back to Austin so she can continue fighting for them."
The information in this article was sent in a press release from Texans for Greg Abbott.
- Colt to stop making AR-15 rifles for consumers
- TxDOT is launching a pedestrian safety campaign to help save lives
- President Trump to nominate Victoria Sheriff O'Connor to serve as US Marshal
- Investigation ensues after Goliad man dies in motorcycle accident on FM 2987
- No injuries reported after tractor-trailer collides with train
- Blood Drive held to support kids with cancer
- Edna ISD Implements 'Guardian Plan' to Protect Students in Mass Shootings
- Coast Guard responds to flooding near Beaumont, Texas
- Man's death blamed on flooding tied to Imelda
- Victoria County Sheriff's to host drug take back event
- Arlington Police have charged former director of Hope Child Advocacy Center
- Goliad couple charged with multiple child abuse felonies