LUFKIN, Texas - Police in Lufkin, Texas are looking for a woman who licked a carton of blue bell ice cream and put it back in a Walmart display case.
They've released photos of the woman and her companion entering and leaving a Walmart store in Lufkin on June 28th.
The same day video of the incident was posted and went viral.
Since then, officials have been trying to identify the woman and the store where the incident occurred.
Police and Blue Bell corporate officials were able to narrow it down to a store in Lufkin.
Authorities believe they know the woman's identity but still want to confirm.
They say they're taking it very seriously.
"This incident is being investigated as a second degree felony, it's a very serious offense. If you think about all the implications and how it would affect consumer confidence in the products that you buy, you'll understand why the legislature has classified it so highly," said Gerald Williamson/City of Lufkin Director of Public Safety.
Authorities are focusing on identifying the male suspect with her, who filmed the incident.
They're asking anyone with information to contact the Lufkin, Texas police department.
- Flyers hold first scrimmage of 2019
- VPD Investigating a threat made to Sam's Club
- Victoria College tax proposal could raise property taxes
- Grace Funeral Home honored first responders
- Portion of Lone Tree Road closed beginning on August 19
- Court limits order that had stopped Trump asylum limits
- Churches arm, train congregants in wake of mass shootings
- Local business gives veteran glasses
- Memorial for victims of El Paso shooting begins
- Victoria College volleyball gears up for first ever NJCAA season