LEAGUE CITY, Texas (AP) - Authorities have identified two women whose bodies were separately found in a Houston-area oil field more than 27 years ago.
League City police on Monday identified the two women as 30-year-old Audrey Lee Cook, from Memphis, Tennessee, and 34-year-old Donna Prudhomme, from Port Arthur, Texas.
Cook was found in 1986 and Prudhomme was found in 1991. Both women were found in an oil field located along Calder Road in League City. Two other women, who've previously been identified, were also found in the same oil field.
Police say the four slayings remain unsolved.
Authorities say Cook and Prudhomme were identified through DNA phenotyping, which predicts physical appearance and ancestry from unidentified DNA evidence.
Police are asking for the public's help in finding out more about Cook and Prudhomme.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Local sponsors spread the Magic of Storytelling in the Crossroads
- NFPA and Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition announce week of action for America's home fire problem
- Two arrested after breaking into cars
- Bloomington ISD Superintendent resigns
- Chewy Chips Ahoy and 2 flavors of Ben and Jerry's recalled
- Second man gets life in prison for role in double slaying
- Four sentenced for using helicopter for sport hunting in Texas
- Retired army officer gets prison in guns case
- Spring cleaning: de-clutter your home and mind
- CCSO captures Texas teen, 4 undocumented immigrants after bail out