VICTORIA, Texas - Update:
28-year-old Sammy Anthony Salinas was arrested early Thursday morning in Thomaston, Texas, by the Victoria Police Department Patrol Division, Investigations Division and VPD SWAT team.
Salinas was arrested at 4:50 a.m. Salinas is at the DeWitt County Detention Center in lieu of a $250,000 bond.
He was transported by a deputy with the DeWitt County Sheriff's Office and taken to their jail for booking.
No mugshot of Salinas was immediately made available.
The original robbery happened around 2:30 a.m., Wednesday morning at the Whataburger located at 4302 N Navarro St.
Patrol officers and detectives were able to obtain information which led to an arrest warrant being issued and executed with SWAT's assistance, according to a VPD press release.
The Victoria Police Department confirms that a suspect is under arrest in the robbery that took place overnight at Whataburger on Navarro.
Investigators have not yet confirmed the suspect's identity.
According to VPD, a Hispanic male entered the Whataburger around 2:30 Wednesday morning and flashed a handgun at the cashier.
The suspect demanded money and was handed $80 before fleeing the scene on foot.
The suspect is described as a late 20's Hispanic male, approximately 5'10 and was wearing a black hoodie and black pants.
Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to contact Victoria Crime Stoppers at (361) 572-4200.
We will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
Around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning Victoria Police Department received a call about a robbery at the Whataburger on Navarro.
VPD says the suspect fled on foot near Autumn Park apartments. Shortly after he fled, Police set up a perimeter around the area. The suspect is a male wearing all black clothing.
We will continue to update this story as more details become available.
- Flyers hold first scrimmage of 2019
- VPD Investigating a threat made to Sam's Club
- Victoria College tax proposal could raise property taxes
- Grace Funeral Home honored first responders
- Portion of Lone Tree Road closed beginning on August 19
- Court limits order that had stopped Trump asylum limits
- Churches arm, train congregants in wake of mass shootings
- Local business gives veteran glasses
- Memorial for victims of El Paso shooting begins
- Victoria College volleyball gears up for first ever NJCAA season