VICTORIA, Texas - Update 12/27/18:
The preliminary investigation into the December 19th fatal accident has determined the motorcyclist killed in the crash was at fault for the accident.
Officials with Victoria PD say Christopher Rankin had been driving at unsafe speeds before colliding into a SUV at Navarro and Lawndale Avenue.
We previously reported the man was transported to a local hospital following the accident.
He later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead Friday morning.
The motorcyclist involved in a multiple vehicle accident on Navarro Street died early Friday morning from his injuries.
Victoria Police Department spokesperson Lieutenant Eline Moya says 26-year-old Christopher Rankin died in San Antonio at 2:45 Friday morning.
The driver of the 2004 blue Dodge Durango is identified as 67-year-old David Snell.
The driver of the 2006 silver Ford F-150 is identified as 72-year-old Jessie Mathis Jr.
Lt. Moya says as of now no citations have been issued.
Victoria Police Department responded to a three vehicle accident involving a motorcyclist Wednesday afternoon.
The intersection of North Navarro and Lawndale Avenue was blocked off as first responders cleared the scene.
Two motorcyclists were traveling north on Navarro when an SUV traveling south turned on Lawndale striking one of the motorcyclists and then running into a third vehicle.
Witnesses at the scene say the impact caused the motorcyclist to be thrown in the air several feet.
VPD spokesperson Lieutenant Eline Moya confirmed one person was taken to a local hospital and later transported to a hospital in San Antonio.
VPD officers went back to the scene Thursday to take measurements and map out the accident.
Officers say the investigation is ongoing and no citations will be issued until they know whether the motorcyclist will survive and until the investigation into the speeds of all the drivers involved is completed.
Original story 12/19/18
A multiple car accident involving a motorcycle occurred on Navarro at Lawndale Avenue in front of the Navarro Cleaners just before 4 o'clock Wednesday afternoon.
Two of the northbound lanes on Navarro are closed off while VPD takes photos of the scene.
One person was taken to a local hospital with unknown injuries.
This is a developing situation, please check back for updates.
- Game Wardens rescue group in cold waters of San Antonio Bay
- What you need to know to prevent fires in your home this winter
- Local LGBT group to celebrate National Coming Out Day with weekend BBQ
- Authorities seize more than 1,400 grams of illegal drugs
- El Campo man arrested on child pornography charges
- Mockingbird Lane traffic changes begin October 15th
- Haunted Zoo is a frighteningly good time in Victoria
- Child cancer activist gets behind the camera with Newscenter 25
- Murder victim's family speaks
- Victoria College selected to participate in Texas Pathways grant
- VC's 25th Halloween Carnival scheduled for Oct. 25
- Red River construction project begins