We have been talking about a recent outbreak of measles throughout the U.S.
Edna Isd is helping to prevent the spread of the disease with additional disinfectant...but something overlooked because of the measles...the flu.
Newscenter 25's David Gibson spoke with officials at the Nazareth Academy about a recent outbreak of the flu affecting their students.
Nazareth academy is recovering from a flu outbreak that happened last week at their school.
They had about 100 students out sick last week, but only 60 of the students had the flu.
Officials want to make sure they are taking all the necessary measures to fight this outbreak.They are working around the clock to make sure all classrooms are disinfected,
They are allowing students more time to properly clean their hands.
"You know once we saw it started, we really up'd our precautions of hand washing, Clorox wipes on the desks, and door knobs. heavy duty cleaning at night time, and our janitorial service did a great job doing some extra cleaning," says Susan Krejaci, School Nurse.
The school nurse says students got extra germ x to use and this week only 7 students remain out with the flu.
- Study: Victoria ranked as the #6 small city for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers
- Victoria College Proposed Tax Rate: How it may affect you
- UHV Softball Signs Angleton Native
- City Council tables highly contested No Camping ordinance discussion until next month
- H.S. Volleyball Scoreboard 8-20
- West Football Puts On The Pads 8-20
- UHV Men's Soccer Pleased After First Exhibition
- Couple who ran Texas boarding home indicted for trafficking
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided