(CNN) - Fresh off their dramatic rescue of a woman lost in the Maui forests, a civilian search team is scouring the thick terrain for another missing hiker.
Noah Mina, 35, was "reported possibly missing" on May 20, Maui police said.
Police and fire personnel have been searching for Mina in the area of Kapilau Ridge Trail, also known as the Saint Anthony Cross in Wailuku, Maui police said.
The area is about 18 miles from Makawao Forest Reserve, where hiker Amanda Eller was found after she went missing for 17 days.
And the same rescue team that flew in by helicopter to find Eller last Friday has joined the search for Mina.
One of those searchers, military veteran Javier Cantellops, has been posting about the search for Mina on Facebook.
"Flew Iao valley and the immediate area where evidence was seen," Cantellops wrote Sunday. "Got a great lay of the land and were able to do some line of sight search on some of the gulches and ravines. Reconnaissance is vital in this type of terrain."
Cantellops also asked for members of the public to help, especially those familiar with the terrain and those with specialized outdoor skills.
"For those canyoneers with extensive experience, skilled rappellers and drone pilots please contact me," he wrote.
"Your background will be vetted to ensure the caliber of people we are using is correct for the intense terrain that is out there. To ensure anyone that is going in is skilled enough to go in and get out."
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help find Mina.
Cantellops said while the search for Eller ended "incredibly" well, the search for Mina is different.
"This will be a highly coordinated effort, that will have weather be a major factor. The pace will be different as well as the search," Cantellops said.
Mina is about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 180 pounds. He has brown eyes and black hair that is usually shaved.
"Maui let's keep the momentum going the motivation going and the love and support going," Cantellops said.
"Let's give this family the same Aloha the same support we gave Amanda. I understand it's different terrain but your love and support (from) afar is what kept this story alive let's continue to do it for Noah and his family."
CNN's Paul Vercammen contributed to this report.
- Short budget hearing after no one takes the podium at Commissioners Court
- Commissioners approve County Sheriff's Office request to train at airport
- Clean Plate moving to brick-and-mortar store on Airline
- Local non-profit to team up with Texas Roadhouse
- Victoria Police trying to identify two subjects
- Man with replica BB gun fatally shot by Arlington police
- Partial closure Tuesday on Azalea St. for utilities installation
- September 24th is National Voter Registration Day 2019
- UHV soccer gets Sunday sweep over Concordia
- The 5th Annual Weesatche 4 Warriors brought the community together
- Cuero ISD School Buses Escorted Due to Threat
- Local reactions to the democratic debate