WASHINGTON (CNN) - The Supreme Court cleared the way for the Trump administration to use $2.5 billion from the Department of Defense to construct parts of a wall along the southwestern border that the government argues is necessary to protect national security.
The Supreme Court's order is a significant win for President Donald Trump, who is likely to use the construction of a wall as a major talking point on the campaign trail.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
- President Trump to nominate Victoria Sheriff O'Connor to serve as US Marshal
- Investigation ensues after Goliad man dies in motorcycle accident on FM 2987
- No injuries reported after tractor-trailer collides with train
- Blood Drive held to support kids with cancer
- Edna ISD Implements 'Guardian Plan' to Protect Students in Mass Shootings
- Coast Guard responds to flooding near Beaumont, Texas
- Man's death blamed on flooding tied to Imelda
- Victoria County Sheriff's to host drug take back event
- Arlington Police have charged former director of Hope Child Advocacy Center
- Goliad couple charged with multiple child abuse felonies
- Goliad County Outreach Completes Renovation
- The City of Victoria is preparing to fix the potholes