VICTORIA, Texas - LiftFund and the EDA will be announcing a new partnership to invest $3 million investment in the region to foster economic activity.
There will be a panel discussion following the announcement at the University of Houston-Victoria Commons Building from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. The panel will bring together LifeFund, the SBA, and the SBDC. There will be a question and answer session following the panel.
LiftFund works closely with entrepreneurs and small business owners to stimulate economic prosperity in communities.
There will also be a resource fair after the panel and networking opportunities starting at 2:55 p.m.
The resource fair will provide information to small businesses and interested community members, as well as explain how business owners can access the $3 million that is available to ara businesses in the form of small woman business loans administered by LiftFund.
They are offering 4% interest rates until March 2020 for Golden Crescent small business owners.
LiftFund invests in those who are often left out of mainstream financial support, and provides mentorship and business education. Most of LiftFund's clients, 67 percent, have been in business less than 5 years and 32 percent are startups with less than a year in business.
The event on Thursday afternoon is free and open to the public.
LiftFund is a nonprofit small business lender that transforms lives by opening doors and leveling the financial playing field in entrepreneurship. Established in 1994, in San Antonio, Texas, LiftFund provides responsible capital and business education to small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. LiftFund has supported Golden Crescent small business owners with over $550,000 in small business loans. Since its inception, LiftFund has made nearly 21,000 loans totaling more than $300 million across its 13 state footprint, which includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna
- Authorities searching for suspect wanted in death of Nassau Bay Police Officer
- Suspect in custody, NAS Corpus Christi release lockdown
- H-E-B held their 29th annual Feast of Sharing
- The Golden Crescent CASA prepares Christmas for children in foster care
- Jackson Co. officiates resolution to become "2nd Amendment Sanctuary County"
- Senator Kolkhorst announces re-election bid for Texas Senate
- Pilot identified in fatal plane crash in Inez
- Texa Tech University takes Q&A in Victoria
- Suspected car burglars arrested