HOCHHEIM, Texas - Texas Game Wardens along with the DeWitt County Sheriff's Office pulled a body of a man out of the Guadalupe River in Hochheim Thursday evening.
DeWitt County Sheriff Carl Bowen said 39-year-old Gabino Morales Rodriguez was reported missing to the Yoakum Police Friday, March 22. Rodriguez's car was found under the 183 bridge in Hochheim Sunday, March 24.
The Sheriff's office did a search with drones and tracking dogs, but were unable to locate him.
Around 6 p.m. Thursday, Gonzalez County Sheriff's got a call about a body found in the river. The body of Rodriguez was recovered less than a mile from U.S. Highway 183 bridge in DeWitt County.
According to Sheriff Bowen, the cause of death in unknown, but an autopsy is being conducted.
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody