VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria Police Department is inviting all women in the community to learn self defense techniques as part of their Rape Aggression Defense class.
VPD are hoping to empower women with the skills and knowledge they need to protect themselves in the event they are in a dangerous one on one situation.
The class will teach defense techniques against the most common strikes, methods to disable your attacker, situational awareness and more.
Classes are free of charge.
The course is 9 hours in length broken up into 3 hour sessions.
The next class will take place July 22nd, 23rd and 24th from 6-9 pm.
You can register online by emailing PoliceCrimePrevention@victoriatx.org or by calling 361-485-3808.
The location to the class will be announced upon registration.
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for woman wanted for forgery
- M.G. and Lilly A. Johnson Foundation donated $800,000 to UHV
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery