VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria County Sheriff's Office arrested a Victoria resident accused of stealing nearly two hundred thousand dollars from an elderly man.
Eva Marie Olguin was indicted back in January on charges of misappropriation of funds.
Court documents show Olguin was given power of attorney for the property of Santos Morales Peña, Jr. back in 2015.
A grand jury concluded Olguin abused her power of attorney. She's accused of taking between one and two hundred thousand dollars from April 2015 to August 2016.
Olguin was arrested on march 18th.
She has since been released from jail.
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided
- Texas man suspected in twin's death arrested in SC
- NASA testing urban drone safety over Corpus Christi
- US official calls tent court for asylum seekers 'impressive'
- Justice Department sues to block merger of airline IT firms
- Governor Abbott announces new Uber hub in Dallas
- Uber to open regional hub in Dallas, resulting in 3,000 jobs
- 2 inmates escape from East Texas jail, perimeter fence cut
- Ransomware attack hits more than 20 Texas local governments