VICTORIA, Texas -
Update Friday, 6/21/2019 3:15 pm:
Victoria County Sheriff's Office has arrested Rose Marie Garcia, 56, on murder charges in connection to the death of Mario Garcia.
Mario Garcia was reported as a "Missing Person" on Tuesday, June 18 by Rose Marie Garcia, his wife.
VCSO was notified Thursday of a body in a wooded area in one of Mario Garcia's properties located on the 1000 block of Beck Road West.
Rose Marie Garcia was named a suspect after interviews were conducted, and she provided a confession.
A bail bond was set for $250,000.
Rose Marie and Mario Garcia were married for more than 40 years.
No details on motive are available yet.
Original story 6/20/19 9p.m.:
Victoria County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a homicide at the 100 block of Beck Road West.
VCSO Chief Deputy Roy Boyd says around noon Thursday, they received a call that led them to a house in the western part of Victoria County. There, they found a body. The victim has not yet been identified.
Authorities say they have identified a suspect, but it is still unclear if that person was arrested. Chief Deputy Roy Boyd stated they do not believe there is any further danger with regard to the situation.
VCSO is planning to send a press release Friday morning with more details regarding this homicide investigation.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- Victoria community urged to help save lives
- UHV soccer hosts first scrimmages of 2019
- Widow of migrant who took his own life sues US government
- Governor brings big tech to the table after El Paso attack
- Governor Abbott announces Texas safety commission
- Texas helps families select quality child care
- Vietnam Wall of Honor coming to Patriot Park
- Commissioners approve capital improvement projects in the wake of Hurricane Harvey
- Submissions open for the 2020 Victoria Independent Film Festival
- UHV softball signs two more players