CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - From the office of the Texas General Land Office:
[Wednesday], Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush announced the Texas General Land Office (GLO), in partnership with Allen Engineering and Science, will offer a series of workshops on the use of living shorelines. These shorelines serve as alternatives to traditional erosion prevention landscaping along the coast. The workshops will be held on Tuesday, July 30 in Corpus Christi, Tuesday, August 6 in Victoria and Thursday, August 8 in Texas City.
"Living shorelines benefit our Texas communities by providing natural stabilization, purifying the water, reducing erosion and buffering floods," said Commissioner Bush. "The GLO is excited to engage in this partnership to educate property owners on natural infrastructure solutions for the state of Texas."
Texas Living Shoreline Workshops
Corpus Christi, TX
Tuesday, July 30
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 6
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Texas City, TX
Thursday, August 8
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m
The GLO is working to raise awareness on the use of living shorelines as alternatives to traditional erosion prevention and shoreline stabilization methods. These workshops will provide opportunities for attendees to contribute to the development of practical living shoreline documents and learn how the GLO can help during the living shoreline installation process. Lunch will be provided during all three workshops and we hope you will join us for informative presentations and hands-on demonstrations on how living shorelines can be used to protect and beautify your property.
- M.G. and Lilly A. Johnson Foundation donated $800,000 to UHV
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna