SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas - The First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs and hero Stephen Willeford will host a BBQ to honor the victims of the tragic Santa Fe high school shooting.
It has been one year since the tragic shooting at Santa Fe, which left 10 dead.
The church and Mr. Willeford are inviting Sutherland Springs and Santa Fe families affected by their shootings to the BBQ because of the tragic similarities between the two communities.
The church hopes to bring some healing to these two communities through the BBQ, which is also open to members of the public.
The BBQ will take place June 22nd from one to four p.m. at the First Baptist Church.
- Texas teen sentenced for school shooting that wounded girl
- Man accused of abducting North Texas girl pleads not guilty
- Woman, toddler, 2 infants found dead in South Texas
- 50 years later, the moon is still great for business
- Learn how to be prepared in an emergency in new six week training program
- Walgreens to provide drug disposal packets free to customers
- Former Texas probation officer charged in adoption effort
- Judge sanctions firm over documents in Baylor assault cases
- Officials: Texas woman playing 'chicken' fatally strikes son
- 2 killed after ski boat collides with bass boat in Texas