VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria Police Department responded to a gun call on Queeswood Trail on Sunday around 4:57 p.m. Officers spoke to the taxi cab driver.
Lauren Meaux, Media Relations for VPD said, "Sometime during the robbery the suspect accidentally shot himself in the leg, he fled the scene, and he was later located at North Navarro Walmart parking lot, where he received treatment and was transferred to a local hospital."
The preliminary investigation reveals the suspect robbed the driver and took off running. The suspect has been identified as a 16-year-old male.
- H.S. Volleyball Roundup
- Flyers hold first scrimmage of 2019
- VPD Investigating a threat made to Sam's Club
- Victoria College tax proposal could raise property taxes
- Grace Funeral Home honored first responders
- Portion of Lone Tree Road closed beginning on August 19
- Court limits order that had stopped Trump asylum limits
- Churches arm, train congregants in wake of mass shootings
- Local business gives veteran glasses
- Memorial for victims of El Paso shooting begins