VICTORIA, Texas - The Salvation Army served Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon. People volunteered to set up and serve the meal from 11am - 2pm.
They had 40 turkeys, all smoked by Mumphord's BBQ here in Victoria, and a full dinner with all the trimmings. Captain Kenny Jones with the Salvation Army says that they served more than 200 people this afternoon.
- M.G. and Lilly A. Johnson Foundation donated $800,000 to UHV
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna