VICTORIA, Texas - Plug Promotions hosts a Beauty and Body Expo where artists from all over compete in contests for cash prizes.
Many people have come together to celebrate local businesses as well, as some who have come from other states. The expo consists of different kinds of contests happening throughout the day. From barber battles, to piercings and braids, they have also added nail art this year. The final event would be the tattoo competition.
"We have Tattoo competitions Best black and gray, best color, the best portrait, the best cover up, best dot work, and best in show. First place gets a cash prize and there're certificates for everybody that they can frame and hang and things like that," said co-owners of Plug Promotions, Dawn Cano and Victoria Lira.
One tattoo parlor has come from Wichita Kansas to be a part of this event. The tattoo contest is the final one of the day and many people gathered are excited to come in and try the different shops there and give their story.
Raul Tanguma Owner/Artist of SAILORS
"I think every tattoo does have a story for most people and some of it is also just wanna look cool or look good it's a body adornment like anything else, but we do do a lot of tattoos nowadays that people have a good story to go with it."
The beauty and body expo is going to be until 9 p.m on Sunday at the Victoria Community Center. There will also be food trucks right outside. The artists will be busy all day as more people walk in.
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for woman wanted for forgery
- M.G. and Lilly A. Johnson Foundation donated $800,000 to UHV
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery