VICTORIA, Texas - Victoria students are among the recipients of more than 50,000 free dictionaries that Peter Piper Pizzas are distributing across Texas.
The Partner in Education program gives free dictionaries to third graders in over 600 schools and more than 30 districts in the state.
Many schools plan to use the dictionaries to assist students with their STARR exams.
"It's very important because we do get all these students to come in. For us it's appreciation. Giving back to the community as much as we can. There's times we get asked for a gift certificate. When schools do a raffle for an event, we give it to them. It's an appreciation thing to us. It's very important," said Gabriel De Leon, General Manager, Peter Piper Pizza.
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody
- Crossroads residents celebrate LGBTQ identities with pride, BBQ
- The Volunteer Fire Department in Nursery held their first Adopt-A-Highway event
- There were hundreds of people gathered in Cuero to watch the Great Gobbler Gallop race
- Game Wardens rescue group in cold waters of San Antonio Bay
- What you need to know to prevent fires in your home this winter
- Local LGBT group to celebrate National Coming Out Day with weekend BBQ
- Authorities seize more than 1,400 grams of illegal drugs