VICTORIA, Texas - Victoria Police are searching for a man who ran from a car crash Thursday afternoon on Salem Road.
The call came in at 2:23 p.m. as a stolen vehicle.
"The owner of the truck was able to locate his vehicle and a pursuit ensued," said VPD Media Spokesperson Lauren Meaux.
Police say the driver of a black truck crashed into a silver Ford as it was turning onto Salem Road from Easley Road.
One woman was taken away in an ambulance to Citizens Medical Center with non-life threating injuries.
Officers blocked off Salem Road from Guy Grant to John Stockbauer Dr.
"The roads were closed for about an hour," said Meaux. "It was a major crash, there was a lot of debris on the roadway, so they needed time to clean up the roadway and to get the vehicles off scene."
The road was back open by 4:45 p.m.
Witnesses say they saw a man run from the black truck. VPD officers on scene confirmed they were looking for someone. VCSO along with the K9 unit joined in the search.
This story is still developing, please check back for updates.
- STJ Volleyball Gets Three Wins At Goliad Tourney 8-23
- UHV Soccer Scrimmages Vs. A&M-International
- Gold's Gym is raising funds to benefit the victims of the El Paso shooting
- Texas gun rights lobby pushing back on calls for new laws
- Family of woman killed in raid welcomes charges
- VISD cuts tax rate by eighteen cents
- Second anniversary of Hurricane Harvey approaches this Sunday
- Cuero Tree Board is asking for help in naming 14 historical trees
- Gov. Abbott holds first Texas Safety Commission meeting on combating hate in Texas
- Consumers can monitor real-time grid conditions on ERCOT's updated app