VICTORIA, Texas - Tuesday at the Raheem Jones trial, witnesses to Jones' behavior and attitude took to the stand for impact statements.
The trial started with Lauren Hamilton, the mother of Raheem's six month old child.
She told listeners about several physically violent altercations that happened with Jones.
One incident occurred when Jones thought she was cheating on him. He took her to the park and pushed her head towards the floor board and put his feet on her neck and turned the heat up in the vehicle. Hamilton also said Jones destroyed the radio in her car.
The defendant's attorney called several witnesses to the stand who testified he was a "good kid." They each explained that after he had an ATV accident, and doctors told him he would never play football again, his demeanor and attitude changed.
The trial is set to resume again Wednesday morning at 8:30 am.
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody
- Crossroads residents celebrate LGBTQ identities with pride, BBQ
- The Volunteer Fire Department in Nursery held their first Adopt-A-Highway event
- There were hundreds of people gathered in Cuero to watch the Great Gobbler Gallop race
- Game Wardens rescue group in cold waters of San Antonio Bay
- What you need to know to prevent fires in your home this winter
- Local LGBT group to celebrate National Coming Out Day with weekend BBQ
- Authorities seize more than 1,400 grams of illegal drugs