BAY CITY, Texas - A 10-year-old girl along with her 35- year- old mother drowned in the river at Riverside Park in Bay City Saturday evening.
The Matagorda County Sheriff's Office says on Saturday July 6th around 5:30pm, the mother along with her boyfriend and 2 daughters, ages 8 and 10, were having family time, when the two daughters were swimming and got into trouble in the water.
The boyfriend, Bobby Masters, jumped in and saved the 8-year-old, while the mother jumped in to save the 10-year-old.
Both the mother and 10 year old drowned.
The mother was identified as 35- year-old Kelechi Echefu, and the 10-year-old was identified as Promise Echefu.
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided
- Texas man suspected in twin's death arrested in SC
- NASA testing urban drone safety over Corpus Christi
- US official calls tent court for asylum seekers 'impressive'
- Justice Department sues to block merger of airline IT firms
- Governor Abbott announces new Uber hub in Dallas
- Uber to open regional hub in Dallas, resulting in 3,000 jobs
- 2 inmates escape from East Texas jail, perimeter fence cut
- Ransomware attack hits more than 20 Texas local governments