VICTORIA, Texas - A US Marshal task force detained a felon and known gang member accused of illegally carrying a weapon Tuesday.
Rocky Julio Balboa was picked up on an outstanding unlawful possession charge.
During the arrest, authorities say Balboa tried to hide two gun magazines, a 45 caliber citadel handgun and a used methamphetamine pipe.
Authorities say Balboa was previously convicted of aggravated assault and is a known member of the Blood Gang.
- Victoria man gets part of his ear bitten off during family feud
- Have your say in the city's grant application for drainage improvement funding
- West Softball Head Coach Leaving
- One man dead after double shooting in Goliad
- Domestic argument leads to stabbing incident between mother and daughter
- Judge chides firm over documents in Baylor sex assault cases
- Texas police fatally shoot suspect after patrol cars rammed
- Federal officials to review flood issues in Texas derailment
- Senator Kolkhorst talks about last legislative session
- Generals fall to Bombers for second straight game