DeWitt County, Texas - A press release from the Texas Department of Safety states:
On 10-01-2019, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers, were requested by the Dewitt County Sheriff to conduct an investigation (custodial death investigation) into the death of a 42-year-old inmate of the Dewitt County Jail.
Christopher Lee Beck, of Calhoun County, was transported to the Cuero Regional Hospital by Cuero EMS just after midnight this morning after DeWitt County Jail Staff identified him as having a medical emergency. Beck succumbed to a medical issue at the Cuero Regional Hospital and was pronounced deceased at approximately 12:24 am on 10/01/2019.
The preliminary autopsy results indicate Beck died as a result of an infection (sepsis) from a previous surgery. The cause of death is: Peritonitis, the Manner of death is: Natural.
The Texas Rangers investigation into Becks death is ongoing.
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody